*VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION WILL OPEN IN JULY!
It is almost time for the most exciting volunteer opportunity of the year… the Soaring Wings Half Marathon and 10K! Every year our race gets rave reviews, and this is only possible because of our spirited, hard-working volunteers who make things run seamlessly and enthusiastically! As always, our volunteers will receive one of our very stylish Soaring Wings of Conway Marathon Weekend volunteer shirts!
If you have a group who may be interested in staffing an aid station, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before you register!
Please review the volunteer possibilities below before registering:
- If you are volunteering with a group, we are asking that only 1 member from the group register, tell us your group name in the notes section, and we will contact you to get more information about each of your group members. This should make the registration process much simpler!
- If you would like to be paired with one or two of your friends, please mention their names in the notes section.
- All volunteer jobs are for either Friday, October 20, 2017 or Saturday, October 21, 2017.
- If you have a small group of friends or family who can help work an aid station for one of our Conway training groups on Saturday mornings in September or October (starting at 6:00 AM), please email Amanda at email@example.com!
- For any other questions about volunteering, please email the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Volunteer Opportunities:
Aid Station – If you are part of a group who would like to staff an aid station, please send an email to email@example.com!
Packet Pick Up – This is a great job that you can do sitting down if needed! Help us keep the line moving as participants come and pick up their bibs, shirts, and goodies. Times on Friday include 9:30-11:30 AM, 11:00 AM-1:00 PM, 12:30-2:30 PM, 2:00 PM-4:00 PM, 3:30 PM-5:30 PM, and 5:00-7:00 PM. Times on Saturday include 5:00 AM – 6:45 AM.
Food prep – We need lots of help race day morning preparing the food for the aid stations. If you can use a knife safely, this job is for you! Saturday 5:30 AM – 9:30 AM.
Set up – We need lots of muscles and worker bees to help get the McGee Center race-ready. Friday 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM or Saturday, 4:30 AM – 7:30 AM
Truck / Trailer Driver – If you own a truck and a trailer that you would like to volunteer to let us use, and don’t mind driving it around and taking directions from a kind course volunteer, we would appreciate it! Saturday 4:30 AM – 8:00 AM or 11:00 AM-1:00 PM.
Finish Chute – Help make sure all the food at the finish line is stocked, hand out water and Gatorade to the finishers, and make sure the finishers have all their needs met as they cross the line! Saturday, 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Bag Check – Receive and organize the runner’s bags that they wish to leave with us during the race, then give it back to them after they finish the race. Saturday 5:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Course Monitor – This job is much easier than it sounds. Wear a cool orange vest and stand at one of the turns, making sure the participants make the turn and stay on course. You may occasionally have to stop traffic, but the wonderful Conway Police Department takes the busy intersections. The main goal is to make sure the runners and walkers turn when they are supposed to. If you would like to pair up with a buddy, please indicate their name in the notes when you register. Saturday 7:00 AM- 11:00 AM
Clean up – Fresh volunteers at the end of the race to help clean up the McGee Center and the surrounding area are extremely helpful! Saturday 11:00 AM-1:00 PM
Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.